Pages

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Diatoms

When I was a little guy my brother and me were drawing on the sidewalk with chalk we had dug from the hillside and we started to wonder what is chalk made of ? so we asked our dad and he said millions and millions of tiny skeletons of sea creatures like diatoms, that night we looked up diatoms in our encyclopedia and found these Beautiful illustrations by Ernst Haeckel.






 It was a really neat thing to set a couple of kids loose with this in their heads. Fossilized sea creatures Like dinosaurs only infidelity smaller and stranger, it alluded to a world filled with mystery and wonders and hidden beauty. Today our guy at the Seymour Center whom I know as a fact has been keeping an eye out for all things Wonderful, Beautiful, Strange and oceanic sent me a link filled with these strange beauty's!











Isn't technology grand

No comments:

Post a Comment